Welcome to Sand Lake Dermatology Center
Sand Lake Dermatology Center has been a well-respected dermatology practice since opening its doors 28 years ago. Our practice is rooted in traditional, patient-centered values where the needs of the patient come first. Having all of our providers work together in one office allows us to utilize a team approach-- with physicians, physician assistants and nurses all collaborating to provide the best care for each patient.
We partner closely with you to solve your skin care concerns. Deeply passionate about dermatology and skin care, our providers find medical dermatology particularly satisfying, helping acne patients achieve results and—especially critical in sunny Central Florida—educating their patients about skin cancer and the importance of yearly exams. When it comes to cosmetic dermatology, Sand Lake Dermatology Center is unique in its gentle, conservative approach, making every effort to offer patients a natural, youthful means of non-surgical skin rejuvenation.
Christopher P. Crotty, M.D. and Allison K. Arthur, M.D. are both Mayo-clinic trained physicians that are board-certified in Dermatology and Dermatopathology with intensive training and practice in internal medicine, dermatology, pathology, and surgery. Drs. Crotty and Arthur, along with board certified Physician Assistants Gina Mangin, Theresa Helsel, Jessie Holland and Lauren McConeghy, offer the full spectrum of cosmetic dermatological procedures and also welcome the challenge of difficult diagnostic and therapeutic diseases of the skin, hair and nails including:
- Autoimmune and bullous disorders of the skin such as pemphigoid and dermatitis herpetiformis
- Skin diseases of systemic illness and immunosuppression
- Disorders of the mouth and mucous membranes
- 2nd opinion dermatopathology
- Drug reactions
- Complete skin cancer evaluation including melanoma and dysplastic mole checks
- Complete phototherapy including PUVA, Narrowband Ultraviolet Light, Grenz and Excimer Laser
- Complete psoriasis treatment including PUVA, Narrowband Ultraviolet Light, Biologics, Cyclosporine and Soriatane
- Complete acne treatment including Isotretinoin (Accutane), Phototherapy, Acne Peels and Acne Facials
- Laser treatments for red/brown blemishes and skin rejuvenation
- Scar and keloid treatments including acne scarring
- Comprehensive patch testing for allergic skin diseases
- Pediatric skin care, mole and birthmark evaluations
- Treatment for generalized itching and eczema
Our training and experience, as well as our commitment to continuing medical education, gives us the ability to care for patients with difficult diagnostic problems. Our skilled, compassionate staff delivers exceptional care using the most advanced treatments and technologies.