When you have dry skin you may notice your skin is usually tight and possibly even flakey. After you wash your skin, you can feel that your skin needs moisture almost immediately. People with dry skin often deal with more surface wrinkles and fine lines than those with combination or oily skin due to dehydration. Dry skin is usually caused by too little oil production in the lower levels of the skin and not enough moisture in the upper levels of the skin. Dry skin ages faster than oily skin so it is important to keep your skin's moisture level in tact.
It is important to use a good moisturizer with humectants. Humectants bind water to the skin. they draw in water to your skin from the environment and they help your skin retain the water it already has.
Sand Lake Dermatology Center offers many effective skin products for dry skin, including:
- SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer
- SkinMedica Rejuvenative Moisturizer
- SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream
- SkinMedica TNS Ultimate Daily Moisturizer + SPF 20
- SkinMedica TNS Ceramide Treatment Cream
- SkinMedica Hydrating Complex
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM
- NeoStrata Problem Dry Skin Cream
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- CeraVe Renewing Lotion
- Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream
- Vanicream Lite Lotion